River Yeo Structures

Bicknell’s Bridge


Bridge Name:   Bicknell’s Bridge
No.:   25
Build Date:   1829 -30
Bicknell’s bridge, formerly Bickling bridge, carries the road from Huish village to Muchelney. It replaced a footbridge in 1829�30.1

Built by the Turnpike Trust 1829-302

References:   1. British History Online compid=66482
2. Somerset Roads the Legacy of the Turnpikes – Western Division – J B Bentley & B J Murless