|Edward Stead Designer when he was Assistant County Surveyor, H.Pittard & Son, Langport – Contractor
|On the route of the Hartrow – Bishop Lydeards – A.358 to Ashill turnpike operated by the Taunton Turnpike Trust1 Reinforced concrete arch bridge. Copings, stringcourses and quoins are of ashlar masonry with the remainder of the masonry rock faced. The end of the concrete deck is exposed in elevation. The bridge is 12 feet in span.2
The 1888 ordnance survey map shows a sluice which created a mill stream which ran beneath the bridge to feed a corn mill called Higher Mill approximately 700 metres downstream. The stream no longer exists.
|1.Somerset Roads The Legacy of the Turnpikes Phase 1 – Western Somerset J B Bentley & B J Murless.
2. Somerset HER id=14360