|A37 East Lydford
|Designed by G. A Underwood. Built by John Stone of Yarcombe
© Copyright somersetrivers.org
|Masonry road bridge carries the A37. This bridge was constructed in 1820 at a cost of �248 to replace the Fosse bridge which was a little way downstream and demolished around the same time. Currently the downstream side is as the original single segmental arch with a 25 ft. span.
Widened on the upstream side by Somerset County Council in 19581
|1.Somerset Roads – The Legacy of the Turnpikes Phase 1 Western Somerset – J B Bentley & B J Murless