Fivehead River Structures

Broad Bridge

Bridge Name:   Broad Bridge
No.:   16
Location:   South of Crocombe 332536/119916
Build Date:   circa 1840
“This lane from the village ended at Fivehead River near the entrance to Beer Mill Farm. The river followed a differenct course, flowing away from the village in the direction of Lower Street Farm.At some point in the 1800’s, probably when the canal was constructed, the course of the river was changed to flow more directly towards Bere Mill Farm. A stone bridge was constructed and Broadbridge Lane was connected to Radigan Lane and Stewley.”
References:   Beercrocombe a Brief History edited by Brian Howell Researched and published by the Beercrocombe History Society.