|Bridge Name:||Cold Harbour Bridge|
|Build Date:||Late 20th Century|
© Copyright somersetrivers.org
|Concrete beam bridge carrying the B3151 Meare Road from Glastonbury. Traditionally, the occurrence of �Cold Harbour� in a place-name is supposed to indicate a Roman settlement.
A pedestrian route, making use of two iron chains across the Brue, was in use before the Dissolution. The chains were replaced by a wooden bridge in 1598 and a timber trunk in the early 17th century. Further replacements, variously named Tanners Weir, Thomas Ware, and Coldharbour, were followed by a stone arched bridge in 1784.1
|References:||1.British History online V9 id 117181|
- Aqueduct Bridge
- Tyne Farm Bridge