River Parrett Structures

Oath Bridge – Footbridge ROW No.4736

Bridge Name:   Oath Bridge – Footbridge ROW No.4736
No.:   32
Build Date:    

  © Copyright somersetrivers.org

Description:   Carries Right of Way Path No: L 1/1 – The earliest mention of a footbridge connecting Oath Farm with Aller Moor is in 1769 (Robert Whitworth’s plan for a proposed inter-Channel canal that was surveyed in 1769). In the accounts of the Aller Churchwardens, Oath Bridge was repaired on 10 occasions between 1808 and 1846. It would have been a wooden footbridge at that time. The bridge is shown on the early Ordnance Survey Maps (1886)