|Bridge Name:||Twinney Bridge|
|Location:||ST363165 Ilminster Without|
|Engineer:||Designed by Richard Carver, County Architect and Surveyor, built by R. Mears.|
|Road Bridge crosses a tributary stream of the River Isle.
Built with the nearby Cock’s Bridge in 1834 at a cost of �3751
Lias stone cut and squared, Ham stone dressings. Stilted semi-circular arch of 3 metre span, ashlar voussoirs, vermiculated keystone; band course at road level; shallow flat-topped parapet with plain chunky coping, with square piers to each corner.2
English Heritage Listed Building Number: 264035. First Listed on 22/04/1981.
|References:||1. Somerset Roads the Legacy of the Turnpikes – Western Division – J B Bentley & B J Murless
2. Somerset HER Ref:56624
- Stratton Stream Bridge
- Tytherington Bridge