Congresbury Yeo Structures

Wrington Bridge

Bridge Name:   Wrington Bridge
No.:   22
Location:   -2.760224   51.353914
Build Date:   18th Century

  © Copyright

Description:   Inscription on parapett – Rebuilt 1910 – S.C.C – Wrington Bridge.. Shown as County Bridge on Old Victorian Ordnance Survey 6 inch to 1 mile Old Map (1888-1913)

Early reinforced concrete road bridge (1)

The improvement of the bye-ways followed that of the highway, and in course of time three priucipal bridges were built over the river Yeo, called respectively—Perry Bridge, over which passes the main road to Bridgwater ; County Bridge, on the road from Wrington to Burrington and Blagdon ; and
Beam Bridge, on the road from Wrington to Langford and Churchill. (2)



    1. North Somerset HER MNS3505

2. Proceedings of Somerset Archaeological and Natural History Society 1887