River Tone Structures

Yeo Bridge

Bridge Name:   Yeo Bridge
No.:   14
Build Date:    
From 1786 the turnpike road from Wiveliscombe to Bampton (Devon) entered the parish over Yeo Bridge (fn. 18) and from Waterrow climbed Biballs and Shute hills before descending into Raddington. Known as Yeah Bridge in 1840, possibly after the Yea family: ibid. tithe award.1
References:   1. British History Online compid=117129