|Bridge Name:||Blagdon Dam|
|Build Date:||1898 – 1905|
© Copyright somersetrivers.org
|Description:||Road bridge spanning the by-wash (qv) at the north end of the earth dam at Blagdon Lake (the former Yeo Reservoir), designed by the architect and engineer Charles Hawksley as part of the waterworks at Blagdon (1898-1905).
A three span bridge constructed of stone ashlar. To either side of the bridge, the base of each span has projecting cut-waters capped with domed copings. The spans have slightly pointed arches with decorative moulded architraves with a coved cornice above set under the parapet of the bridge, which is terminated by square piers with pyramid copings. (1)
|1. Historic England Listed Structure|