River Parrett Structures

Gawbridge Bow


Bridge Name:   Gawbridge Bow
No.:   22
Build Date:   1895
Engineer:   E.W.Pollard Contractor
There are two major bridges in the parish. Gawbridge Bow occurs in 1243 as Gavelbrig. During the Civil War it was removed by the Parliamentary forces for military reasons and between 1648 and 1677 was repeatedly presented, with Load Bridge, as a county bridge requiring repair.1

Built by Somerset Drainage Commissioners for �5052

References:   1. British History Online compid=117085