River Isle Structures

Sea Bridge

Bridge Name:   Sea Bridge
No.:   28
Location:   Approx 160 metres north west of Sea Mill Farmhouse, Sea ST 3438 1288
Build Date:   C18 or earlier
Road bridge. Ham stone ashlar. Three semi- circular arches, with angled cutwaters on south side: straight parapet without separate coping having angled end splays on south side.1

Taken over by Ilminster Trust and widened and repaired in 1805 for �10 18s 5 1/2d similar alterations in 1834 for �342

English Heritage Listed Building Number: 263941. First Listed on 29/10/1987

References:   1. Somerset HER Ref:56513
2. Somerset Roads the Legacy of the Turnpikes – Western Somerset by J B Bentley & B J Murless